I ran across the following ‘Twenty Signs It’s Time to Let Go and Move On’ – posted on Facebook a couple of months ago. I’ve held off on sharing these tidbits of wisdom until now, because I thought the beginning of a New Year would be an appropriate time to make a blog post about life-changes. In 2014 I lost two dear friends, one died suddenly and one walked out of my life. I miss them both every day. I’ve also had a ‘few’ other life affirming changes in my life in 2014 – some good and some not so good. So today I’m feeling a tad melancholy, but still over-the-top optimistic and hopeful for a kick-ass 2015.
These 20 Signs are not my personal thoughts, but a number of them do resonate with me. There was no attribution attached to the list when I found it, so the author is Unknown. I hope someone will read these points and make positive changes in their lives in 2015.
20 Signs It’s Time To Let Go And Move On
To avoid the toxic outburst of staying in situations that no longer serve you, ask yourself if any of the following 20 signs apply:
1. When your thoughts go to memories more than the present.
2. When the situation causes you more pain than joy.
3. When you expect, hope and plead for the person, place or situation to change.
4. When you become complacent, bored or resentful.
5. When the pattern persists even though you tried to fix it.
6. When you feel alone, unheard or disrespected.
7. When the situation is holding you back from growing and being who you want to be.
8. When you stay, hoping and expecting things to get better.
9. When you cry more than you laugh and love.
10. When you feel exhausted emotionally, spiritually and physically.
11. When you have lost your passion and joy.
12. When your core beliefs and values have changed and you sacrifice who you are.
13. When you stop having fun.
14. When you fear this is the best it will be.
15. When you force a smile to mask the pain.
16. When you lose who you are and stop dreaming.
17. When you hold on out of fear of the unknown.
18. When you sense you are holding onto something meant to be let go.
19. When the thought of being free of the situation feels expansive.
20. When you believe in a better life for yourself.
© Author Unknown